Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Flop Week and Distractions

So this past week has been a bit of a flop.  I've been too tired and haven't been able to sit down and focus on writing.  I know I haven't been getting my page a day!  But it's alright.  Some of that time was spent at the gym and spending time with the spouse, so I think it's alright.  I'm trying not to pressure myself into writing, but I am also trying to stick with it.

It can be pretty rough at times to be able to put your focus on anything at all whether its writing, going to the gym, working.  And if you're like me, there's always a distraction.  And of course there's always games!  But I think what matters most is actually trying to take the time and set out to do what you wanted to.  Hopefully, I'll be able to stick to this and have something to show for it in a year.  I'd like to have something to show for it, even if it's just half of my novel written.  It'll be something and something to help encourage me to write more.

I'm going to have to stop rewriting the first chapter though or I'm never going to get anywhere! XD

I thought I wasn't gonna be able to write today.  I woke up late and really didn't have the head for it.  After lunch I went to the gym for around three hours.  Walked two and a half miles and then did some weight lifting.  And then i came home exhausted, but somehow I managed to write some!

No comments:

Post a Comment