Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Another Day, Another Page

So my day started off with waking up at 6am.  There was breakfast and then I hit the gym.  I walked about two and a half miles and then did weight-lifting for an hour.  After that I biked for about fifteen minutes and then hit the treadmill again for another two miles.  And OMG I was tired afterward, but I feel good too.  The gym was insanely hot today and it wasn't much better outside.  Thank goodness I'm now in an air-conditioned room!

But enough about my day!  You're here because you wanna read some good stories!  At least that's why I hope you're reading this.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to concentrate enough to write, but I did!  I wrote a rather, in my opinion, beautiful piece.  I really like how it turned out and for me, it strikes at the heart.  It is for this reason that I've decided not to post the story today.  Maybe tomorrow I'll finally give you something to read, but today's writing stays in my hands.

So I wrote exactly two pages.  I was going to write more, but I was at that point where my concentration was waning.  It was about an hour and a half of writing, so that's a good thing!  In my writing workshop that I took, my professors always encouraged trying to write at least for fifteen minutes a day.  That may only result in a paragraph, but the point is that you wrote that day.  I wrote today and no matter how long it took or how much I got written, I wrote and I feel great about what I wrote.

I may let one or two people read today's writing, if you're nice. ;)  Rum might convince to let you read it.  Bacon might be acceptable, but rum might really get you in good with me.  I like rum.  Rum is good.  And it's also gone.  Sorry, I drank it all while you weren't looking!

Time to going pirating again!  Check in tomorrow for more updates on my Page a Day project!

No comments:

Post a Comment