Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Untitled

So, I haven't been feeling all that great the last two days.  I was out and about yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to write and when I finally did get a chance to write I got distracted listening to the second book of The Hunger Games.  I'm really liking it and it's one of those can't put down books.  Even now I wanna just listen to it rather than taking care of everything else I should be doing.

I did get a little bit of time to write this morning after I woke up feeling like crap, but couldn't sleep anymore.  I'm not sure what sparked it, but I finally got an idea for the plot of the novel I've been working on for the last three years.  I've been able to get bits and pieces of the novel together.  I've rewritten it countless times, but I have always been lacking a good, real, solid plot.  I think I've finally found it though.

I have some scenes already written that I am for sure going to work into the novel.  I'm rather liking just writing a scene here and there and not working from beginning to end.  There's time to put it all together and revise for the First Draft and then revise again and again until its as close to perfect as I can make it.

I've worked up a small summary to share, so here it is!  Do you like it?
__________________________________________

There is a legend of two violins—one black as night, the other white as day.  The black violin possesses the power to control death, to call lost souls and grant them either peace or life in serve to the player.  The white violin possesses the power to send the player to the land of the dead, to seek out souls of their past and grant them a full life.

Captain Grimhawk has heard the tale of the twin violins and searched for centuries for them.  He was able to retrieve the black violin, but not the white.  He has called lost souls countless times, but never found the souls he sought—the soul of his captain and the soul of his lover.  He’s now found a lead on the white violin and seeks a woman who is said to possess a map to its location.

Knowing that the map leads to something very valuable, but not knowing what, the woman decides to seek the treasure for herself, after all if the famous pirate Captain grimhawk wants the treasure it must be something very very valuable.  Captain Grimhawk finds himself running into the woman around every corner as they both seek out the treasure.

But they aren’t the only ones after the violins.

No comments:

Post a Comment